Pork, Chorizo and Cannellini Bean Stew
The perfect hearty treat to warm you up on those chilly winter nights. A delicious meal to enjoy on a Sunday in front of the roaring fire.
- 87 lbs pork shoulder steaks or pork shoulder
- 1 14 oz can cannellini beans
- 1/2 lb chorizo (cut into pieces)
- 2 14 oz cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 large red onions (roughly chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes
- First, slice the pork into strips, season and sauté in a heavy bottomed pan until brown all over. Remove from the pan and drain off any excess oil.
- Add the cut up chorizo to the pan and cook for two minutes until brown. Add the chopped onions, 4 teaspoons of paprika, 2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes, and garlic. Fry for another 2 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Once the onions are soft, return the pork to the pan along with ½ pint of water and the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered, for 1 hour on low heat (add more water if it begins to look dry). After 1 hour, remove the lid and add the cannellini beans. Simmer for 30 more minutes.
- Serve with some crusty bread and enjoy!