The Ultimate Burger
There’s nothing like a juicy, delicious burger to make your BBQ.
Here’s our favorite recipe for the ultimate one!
For the hamburger
- 1kg freshly ground beef
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 300g mature cheddar cut into 50g slices
- 12 slices streaky dry cure bacon, grilled until crispy
- 6 soft white buns, split in two
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Half a red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Ripe beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- Handful of fresh, crisp lettuce
For the burger sauce
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp chopped capers
- 1 tsp chopped gherkins, splash of Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper
- Press the ground meat into 180g patties. Heat a skillet or your barbecue. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Cook the underside for about three minutes, flip the patties, season again, top with a slice of cheese and cook for another three minutes.
- Remove the burgers from the barbecue and leave them to rest. Brush the buns with vegetable oil and place on the barbecue, cut-side down, for 30 seconds.
- Fill each bun with a hamburger, two slices of bacon, onion, a slice of tomato, lettuce and burger sauce.
- No need for cutlery, grab and enjoy!